RISE Wirye is not a good place to work at.
1. Management do not care about their teachers or the education of its students. They only care about getting money from the parents.
2. Teachers are overworked and regularly complain of being burnt-out. You are required to teach all day everyday from 9:30am until 6:30pm, and in some cases until 7:30pm.
3. There is no training. You do not become a better teacher by working here.
4. There is no appreciation of staff. The director gives t*k*n gifts for holidays such as Christmas and Lunar New Year but she will never personally come to you to show appreciation or to ask how you are doing. In most cases she will not even introduce herself to you when you arrive, even though her office is a mere 10-20 meters from your classroom.
5. There is a huge turnover. More than half of the foreign teachers employed to work here do not finish their contracts.
6. There is no team atmosphere in this company. Foreign teachers, Korean teachers and management are completely separate ent*t*es.
7. They promote people to leadership positions based on loyalty, not skills. The most recent head teacher is the biggest example of this. She has very little experience, and a big ego. She does not praise teachers for their work, she does not ask for ideas for school events and she speaks to people in a condescending way. During her preparation time she only talks about men and shopping in the teachers room. Most teachers either put in their headphones to listen to music, or leave the room to avoid listening to her. She is extremely unprofessional and will contribute to making your experience a worse one.
Wirye New Town, Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do